WELCOME TO IVY HALL ACADEMY
We are pleased you are considering Ivy Hall Academy for your child’s education. Learning starts with a spark, a moment of realization when you finally understand something new. At Ivy Hall Academy we strive for fostering those moments of enlightenment. It’s these moments that inspire us all and get us through the harder times. It’s what drives us.
We care deeply about the future leaders and we show this by building an environment that creates life-long learners. We strive to help children become people that see the fun and creativity that comes through education; people that are informed, independent, and respectful. We need more people that care about others and seek their wellbeing before their own. We are dedicated to this mission and our teachers sacrifice and give their all for the success of this future generation.
We invite you to apply and visit to see if Ivy Hall Academy is the right fit for you.
- Complete the Application for Admission. Once you have determined Ivy Hall is a good fit, begin the application process by completing the Application for Admission. We are now accepting applications for the 2021-22 school year. Once a class is full, applicants will be placed on a waiting list and notified if/when a spot becomes available.
- Visit the school. The best way to understand Ivy Hall is with a personal visit. Our campus tour with Principal Chandra Packham can last as long as an hour as you visit the classrooms, talk with teachers and students, and get a glimpse of what Ivy Hall is really like. We want you to see classes in session, so we recommend school tours Monday through Friday, between 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Complete our Contact Form and Principal Packham will contact you to coordinate the details of your visit.
- Shadow Day. Shadow days are a great way for an applicant to experience life as an Ivy Hall student. A half or full-day visit allows a view of the student community, teacher-student relationships, and the nature of the classroom. During your visit, teachers will evaluate applicant readiness and scholastic achievement. A shadow visit is one of the best ways to see if Ivy Hall is the right fit.
- On your Shadow Day, arrive at the front office by 8:25am. Principal Packham will greet you and take you to your class. You’ll move through a typical day-long schedule to experience “a day in the life”as an Ivy Hall student. Lunch is at 11:15 in grades PK-2 and at 12:00 in grades 3-10. Meet Principal Packham and your parent at 2:20 in the front office for a short Q&A debriefing.
- What to wear and bring: dress comfortably and in a way that shows you’re ready to learn and engage with us. Bring a sack lunch (microwaves are available), a notebook and pen to take notes about your day, and a water bottle if you would like. Please note: Ivy Hall students and visitors are not allowed to use cell phones during class. We recommend you leave it at home or in your backpack for the day.
Ivy Hall Academy admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Ivy Hall Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, or sex in administration of its educational policies, admissions and financial aid policies, and other school-administered programs.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP
Just a few simple steps to a more engaging education